This is the basic outline for what you will need to study for to have a good chance of passing the examination.
Everyone must complete the 100 required qustions on their exam. If you come close to the pass mark but don’t quite make it then each person may choose one extra credit section to potentially get 3 extra credit points and pass the exam. A total score of 95 correct answers is passing.
You should use google and other external websites and your own life experience to gather sufficient knowledge to pass the exam. The questions are based upon:
- General Principles
- Health and Safety
- Ingredients in henna paste and the ingredients in essential oils containing monoterpines.
- How do you mix henna
- Applying henna
- Using essential oils
- Henna Paste Chemistry
- How henna stains the skin
- Botany and geography of henna
- Henna Application methods, sealing methods and aftercare
- The dangers of chemical additives including PPD black henna
Extra credit should you require it are based on:
- Henna and history
- South Asian Henna Culture
- North African Henna Culture
- Middle Eastern Henna Culture
- Sephardic Henna Culture
- Henna Business in the USA